Saturday, June 12, 2010

Second Wind

It is an unfortunate and difficult thing, but not uncommon: we are being forced by a Spring of upsets and false starts to take a few steps back before we can continue. I can't decide between the two of us who is going to have the harder job since poker is quite literally the most difficult thing I have ever done and I am quite looking forward to the "respite" of manual labor that I am heading to in working with my parents. Tom stays here in the poor, abandoned Poker House with Greta-meister and continues to fight the beast of cards and behaviors that has trampled us so hard. I will be living relatively stress-free at least in the manageability of definable tasks and physical exertion while leaving for a time the necessarily all-consuming and never-ending tasks of mental and personal evaluation in playing a profitable game online. It is not really a matter of having lost money to poker, but simply having existed for too long on the statistical back slopes and having to shell out the cost of living in the meantime. So we will be trying to retake the hill from a different angle.

You will probably find me a more mopey author for some time, but know that I will continue writing and that I am content even with the difficulties of the situation. I have the opportunity to help us rebuild without having to give another day to the meaningless redundancies of most of the workforce. I get to work with and for my family. I am a grateful if momentarily sad writer/electrical apprentice/former and soon-to-be-again professional card player.

No comments:

Post a Comment